In this article, I will show you the necessary steps to take when you want to collect your Neco result without passing through any pain. I will also answer some frequently asked questions, which will relieve you from the stress of researching.
However, if you cannot get an answer to your query, you can submit your question using the comment box below. We will be happy to help.
How To Collect My Original NECO Certificate?
You can request for your NECO exam original certificate from the secondary school you did the examination. The NECO GCE original result can be gotten at the NECO office.
If your exam is an internal examination, you should visit your school to collect it. If you are a private candidate, it is advisable to visit the closest NECO office to enquire. NOTE: if your certificate is more than one year, you’ll need to pay a fee to get it.
NECO Original Result Slip & Certificate Issuance Retirement
These documents are required from you when visiting the NECO offices to complete the processing of your Original Certificate.
- Sworn affidavit
- NECO Online result print out
- One passport size photograph
- passport Photocard
- Identity card
NECO Original Result Slip & Certificate Fee
NECO SSCE External Candidates Original Slip Cost N1000 only.
NECO SSCE External Candidate Issuance of Original Certificate Cost N100 only.
NECO Original Result Slips & Certificate Collection Payment Guidelines
To enable anyone NECO External candidate to obtain or get their original result slips and certificate, the candidate has to pay the fees mentioned above via the National Examination Council (NECO) online payment portal.
After payment, you can now print the receipt of the payment and go to any NECO offices to fulfil the above requirements or for the above requirements or the above service. Here are steps outlined below to pay via the web to pay for NECO Original Result Slips and Certificate Issuance
- Kindly log on to NECO Items Online Payment Portal or Platform via https://payments.neco.gov.ngg.
- Search or select the Payment Category or the item you’d like to pay to, i.e. Remarking SSCE or BECE etc
- The payment item code is needed for any NECO payment. This item code is available via NECO’s website www.neco.gov.ng.
- Verify the payment before paying and note that refunds are not available once the payment has been made.
- Complete the form into the box on the left and then proceed to the payment
- Choose the payment method you prefer, i.e. bank branch payment or Debit card transaction.
- Review the breakdown of the transaction then read and agree to the Disclaimer and press the confirm button to continue.
- If you make a successful payment, you will be issued a receipt of payment.
- Proof of payment must be presented to the nearest NECO office.
- You don’t need an account to pay. A payment item code is required to make any NECO payment.
- Verify the payment before proceeding to pay. Note that refunds are not available after the payment has been completed.
In addition, once you have been issued your Original NECO Certificate, you are to be sure of the certificate’s security since the exam body does not issue certificates two times.
Neco Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
After doing some research, we discover questions students are asking about NECO. Below is the list of questions and answers students are searching.
However, if you dont find an answer to your questions, you can use the comment section to ask your question.
What is the full meaning of NECO?
NECO is an abbreviation used to refer to the National Examination Council. NECO is an examination related institution in Nigeria that administers exams at the secondary level.
How can I get NECO office address?
The National Examination Council (NECO) has offices across all states of Nigeria. NECO headquarter is located in Western bye pass at the Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe street, Minna, Nigeria.
How can I upgrade my NECO result?
Do not fall for the fraud. NECO result is not upgradeable. Anyone who claims that it’s possible to change the NECO result is trying to deceive you.
Where can I buy NECO result checker scratch card?
You can purchase the NECO result checker scratch card at one of NECO offices located in your state.
When will NECO Result Come Out?
NECO results for SSCE comes out in September, while NECO GCE result comes out in February.
How do I Correct the Error on my Neco Result?
If you detect an error in your NECO result, inform the headmaster of your school to write a letter to NECO asking them to rectify the error.
If the error is on your NECO GCE result, you need to file your claim. Whenever you receive your result, it is essential to review it immediately to ensure no error.